Lifeline Hospital Panvel Mumbai is the one of the best & leading gastroenterology hospital in India. We have a dedicated Gastroenterologist to manage the various diseases of the digestive and hepato-biliary systems in kids and adults. Our gastroenterology surgeon provides the high level of Medical and Surgical care. We use modern and state-of-the-art equipments and intensive care units.
What is Gastroenterology?
It is the branch of medical science specially focused on the disorders of digestive system. Gastroenterology involves diseases of the esophagus, stomach, small intestine, colon and rectum, pancreas, gallbladder, bile ducts and liver. Hepatology, or hepatobiliary medicine is a sub-Specialty of Gastroenterology. The physicians practicing in this field are called gastroenterologists.
Types of Diseases and Disorders in Digestive System
This speciality includes the medical and surgical treatment of various diseases such as:
- Crohn disease
- Celiac disease
- Gastroesophageal reflux (heartburn)
- Colon polyps
- Gastrointestinal cancer
- Cirrhosis of the liver
- Peptic ulcer disease
- Gallbladder and biliary tract disease
- Nutritional problems
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS),
- Pancreatitis, etc.
Symptoms of Gastroenterological Diseases
Following symptoms are common in the patient suffering from gastroenterological diseases.
- Abdominal pain and cramps
- Excess gas and Bloating
- Nausea and Vomiting
Gastrointestinal Treatments: Types and Procedures
At lifeline hospital our gastroenterology physicians perform broad range of treatments and procedures, including:
- Gastroscopy: The method used to inspect the interior of the stomach, gullet and the duodenum.
- Colonoscopy: The method detects the large and small intestines. It detects the ulcers, polyps, tumors, and areas of bleeding or inflammation in the colon.
- Endoscopy Surgery: The technique detects the defects of the upper gastrointestinal tract (i.e. the esophagus, stomach, and duodenum).
- ERCP: It is diagnostic procedure used to diagnose and treat the conditions of the pancreatobiliary system.
- Sigmoidoscopy: The method gives the internal view of the sigmoid colon and rectum. Also, it detects the presence of polyps, ulcers, and cancers from the digestive tract.
- Upper GI Video Endoscopy: It is the most common endoscopic procedure used to diagnose and treat problems in upper GI (gastrointestinal) tract.
- Upper GI Endoscopy: It is a procedure in which we use an endoscope to see the lining of upper GI tract.
- Advanced Endoscopic Surgery: We do perform the enteroscopy, esophageal stenting etc. advanced endoscopic procedures.
- Endoscopic Ultrasound: The method uses combination of endoscopy and ultrasound imaging used to obtain high quality images of the digestive tract and nearby structures.
- Video capsule endoscopy: It is the best technique used in imaging the small intestine.
- Flexible Sigmoidoscopy: It allows the examination of the rectum & lower colon.
Benefits of Having Gastrointestinal Treatment at Lifeline Hospital
Following are the advantages of having gastroenterology care and procedures at Lifeline Hospital Panvel Mumbai.
- Great Accessibility to Advanced Technology
We have modern operation theatres facilitated with cutting-edge diagnostic and treatment equipments. Our experienced and skilled gastroenterologists are available round the clock to give you quick relief.
- Quality Care
We are the leading healthcare facility in India and received awards and recognitions for our excellence. We have modular O.T. with advanced diagnostic and treatment facilities. We pride to deliver unparalleled services with high quality for your health problem.
- Affordable treatments
Our experts customize the treatment and procedures according to patient’s health. We deliver the advanced procedures in cost effective way.
- Advanced Sedation
We offer the most advanced sedation procedures before proceeding to the colonoscopy, EGD (upper endoscopy) and colon cancer screening, etc. We ensure that we deliver the greatest comfort to our patients and allow deep sedation with rapid recovery and less side effects.
Our hospital location is convenient and easy to access. Patients suffering from GI issues do not wait for long time for an appointment. Our online appointment booking option helps to avoid the waiting time.
- Patient Satisfaction
We are committed to provide the highest levels of service to our patients. Paramount to this quality care, we perform patient surveys to assess our strengths and to define the scope of improvement.
Pre Treatment Instructions
- Before performing any tests, procedures or surgeries it is necessary to empty your stomach or intestines.
- Do not eat or drink juice or nectar that contains pulp of tomato, orange
- Do not eat food rich in fiber before procedure
- Drink only clear liquids like water, fat-free broth, fruit juice
- Stop drinking liquids 2 hours before your reporting time
Post Treatment care to be taken
- Take pain relieving medications as per prescribed.
- Do not drive vehicle or operate any machinery for the first few hours after surgery.
- Use ice packs to control inflammation.
- Follow the instructions given by your physician.
- Take proper rest for few days after surgery.
- Keep the surgical area clean and dry to promote quick healing.
- Start exercises after 48 hours of surgery.
- Eat healthy and drink much water.