Lifeline IVF Center is one of the best fertility Centers in India. When you come to us, assure that you are in the right place to fulfil your dream of becoming a parent. We have the best team of fertility doctors, embryologists, and other staff. Until now we had monitored, and customized more than 1500 babies.
What is IVF treatment?
In Vitro Fertilization or assisted reproductive technology is the most common and useful technique for improving the chances of pregnancy in women. IVF is a significant method used when other methods have failed. Remember one thing, IVF is not the last option instead it is the best option we recommend our patient to conceive a baby quickly.
Why opt for IVF?
The patient chooses IVF for many reasons like
- Some male patients have less sperm count
- Some females have difficulty in egg ovulation due to the presence of polycystic ovaries
- Defects in the fallopian tubes
- If one of the partners is sterile
- Problems like endometriosis
- If you want to prevent the transfer of particular genetic disease to your child
What is the procedure?
The IVF procedure involves a few steps like:
- Preparation of the Ovaries:
In this step, we give some medicines to our patient to suppress the usual menstrual cycle for about two weeks. Following this, we recommend fertility drugs to enhance the egg production. We prefer to use multiple eggs as some eggs will not develop or fail to fertilize suitably. To study the ovaries, we use a transvaginal ultrasound, and a blood test to check hormone levels.
- Egg accumulation:
For this purpose, we use a minor surgical procedure. In this, we use ultrasound imaging and insert a needle into the vagina and ovary to collect the eggs. Sometimes we give medicines to lower and eliminate possible discomfort.
- Sperm Retrieval:
If you want to use your partner's sperm, then ensure that he will provide the semen on the same day of egg retrieval. Otherwise, you can take the sperm from the donor. The testicular aspiration is the method used to collect the sperm. In the laboratory, our technicians perform the semen analysis and separate out the sperm from semen.
- Fertilization of Eggs with sperm:
In this step, collected sperms and eggs are mixed and stored in a laboratory for further enrichment. The fertilized eggs are now known as embryos kept in the laboratory for 1-5 days before transferred into the uterine cavity of a woman.
Note: If the male partner has the less sperm number, then we use intracytoplasmic sperm injection (ICSI). By this process, it becomes possible to inject a single sperm directly into the egg to achieve fertilization.
- Preparation of Uterus:
It is known as the luteal phase, i.e., the formation of the uterus for embryo implantation. For this, we recommend progesterone based medicines before or after egg retrieval. Sometimes we suggest our patient take the same medication until the pregnancy.
- Embryo Transfer:
In this phase, our expert selects the best appearing embryos for transfer. To transfer the fertilized embryos, the physician inserts a catheter or small tube within the cervix into the uterus. The process is free from anesthesia, but some women may feel mild cramps. The successful implantation requires about 6 to 10 days after egg retrieval.
- Pregnancy Supervision
After 14 - 15 days of the successful embryo transfer, we do perform the pregnancy test. Also, we monitor the HCG levels for the first two weeks of pregnancy. Then we observe your baby’s development by using ultrasound. At the 6th week of pregnancy, the patient will be able to hear the baby’s heartbeat.
How much time will it take?
Before proceeding to the IVF first meet our IVF experts, discuss your issues. Our experts will suggest you some other option like IUI/ICSI/adoption/surrogacy/use of donor sperm. If you want to proceed with IVF, then you and your partner must undergo from some of physical exams and tests including ultrasound, blood tests, and sperm quality and quantity analysis.
It requires time for successful fertilization. If your first cycle of IVF fails, then you need to try again for a couple of cycles. Sometimes our experts recommend couples to wait for one to two months before proceeding for the next round.
What can you do for successful IVF?
Having own child is the most beautiful moment in a couples life. It seems very difficult to bear the stress of not having a baby even after trying for years. During the fertility treatments sometimes we recommend medicines that can affect the mood of both the partners. We provide the best counselling before starting the treatment procedure. Our IVF specialist will provide the emotional support to cope with the challenges during the entire journey of becoming a parent.
What are the risks associated with IVF?
The standard issue associated with the IVF is multiple pregnancies or risk of having twins. Also, the ovaries get overstimulated or odour badly or swelled as a result of Ovarian Hyperstimulation Syndrome.
Apart from this, there are chances of premature labour, baby with less body weight, high-risk of miscarriage, difficulties during egg retrieval, or babies born with health defects.
After the Procedure
If a woman has gone through IVF procedure then she must take proper care to increase her chances of being pregnant successfully. Following are some of the safety measures a woman should take after she undergone IVF:
- Avoid sexual intercourse to prevent the vaginal infection and it also helps the proper healing of the woman’s ovaries after eggs extraction.
- Do not lift heavy weights for the first two weeks after performing IVF.
- Take utmost care while taking bath for the first two-week. This is because bath may introduce foreign particles into the vagina and may lead to the miscarriage. In such cases our expert recommends to take showers instead.
- Avoid heavy physical exercises or aerobics after the IVF procedure. We suggest walking rather than running.
- Maintain adequate level of progesterone in the body to maintain the pregnancy.
- Apart from this the woman should live stress free, happy and cheerful life after IVF to feel the joyful moment of pregnancy.
- More than 70000 infertile couples counselling
- More than 6000 live birth of sperm wash & IUI
- More than 3000 IVF / ICSI live birth
- More than 15000 video laparoscopy, hysteroscopies (operative)
- More than 2500 laser assisted hatching
- First- IVF baby of Raigad, Navi Mumbai & Konkan
- First- IVF twins of Raigad Navi Mumbai & Konkan
- First Laser Assisted Hatching Centre of Navi Mumbai, Raigad & Konkan
IF you have any doubts regarding IVF treatment, please feel free to contact our experts.