The obstetricians/gynecology department of Lifeline Hospital Panvel, Mumbai offers the comprehensive healthcare facilities for woman’s problems. We have the state-of-the-art diagnostic facilities, expertise in performing general gynecological conditions including preconception counseling, routine and high-risk obstetrics, etc.
What is Obstetrics and Gynecology?
Both are the two surgical–medical specialties dealing with the female reproductive organs during the pregnancy and non-pregnancy period. The obstetrics or gynecology expert can able to perform the surgical management of the entire scope of clinical pathology related to the female reproductive organs.
We offer advanced treatments for the following gynecological conditions:
- Intrauterine growth retardation (IUGR):
The poor growth of a fetus present inside the
- Teenage problems: Teenagers face many challenges at the age of 13 to 19 years; it is the most awkward time for them. During this phase, teens go through various bodily changes like hormonal changes, puberty, social and parental forces, school pressures, cyber addiction and much.
- Menstrual problems: We provide the treatment for different menstrual problems like premenstrual syndrome, cramps, abnormal periods, delay in menarche, etc.
- Fibroid uterus: These are the non-cancerous tumors in the uterus.
- Tubal blockade: It is the primary cause of female infertility. A blocked fallopian tube fails to let the ovum and the sperm converge, fertilization is impossible in such females.
- Endometriosis (medical & surgical treatment): It is a painful disease in which the normal internal tissues present in the endometrium grows outside the uterus. Endometriosis involves ovaries, fallopian tubes, pelvis tissues, etc.
- Ovarian cysts: Ovaries are present in the lower abdomen on both sides of the uterus. The fluid-filled sac is called a cyst and they are painless.
Services and Treatments offered
- Maternal-fetal medicine:
It is an obstetrical subspecialty referred as perinatology, which manages high-risk pregnancies and surgeries on the fetus by reducing morbidity and mortality.
- Reproductive endocrinology and infertility:
It is a subspecialty that treats the biological causes and interventions related to infertility.
- Gynecological oncology:
It focuses on the medical and surgical treatment of women suffering from cancers of the reproductive organs.
- Urogynecology and pelvic reconstructive surgery:
It includes the diagnosis and surgical treatment of women suffering from urinary incontinence and prolapse of the pelvic organs.
- Family planning:
It involves the pregnancy management by training in contraception and pregnancy termination (abortion).
To know more please contact our hospital.